Post #10 - Night Before......

What is it about the 24 hours before departure?  No matter how much I have prepared over the years for motorcycle trips, I end up in a flurry of activity the night before.  For this trip, it was all about tires.  I was counting on a guy in Fairbanks to sell me tires and install them.  Long story short, I learned three days before departure, while I was in Utah on business that he decided to refund my money and refuse service.  (Possibly a wild Alaska man with too much fire water one evening.)  So I had to quickly go to Plan B.  Apex Sports in Colorado Springs bailed me out with a couple of brand new Michelin Anakee 3's.  I had to pick the tires up at the dealership, once I flew home and rush to install.  It was a quick a job, only about 2 hours, and I finished about 8pm.  I'm not sure if the tires will endure the full 8,000+ miles, but am sure hoping they do.


Audra has learned a lot over the years and is now a master at packing.  These pics depict everything she is taking with her for three weeks of travel on a bike.  Everything packs neatly in one side box.



Here is our GS packed up for departure.  Now we just need to sew up some work, personal and home responsibilities and we hit the road.


No comments:

Post a Comment