Post #14 - Canada....NOT




The route above was to be our exciting ride through the Montana and Washington mountains to finally cross the border into British Columbia.  But at a stop light in Spokane, the transmission on the BMW broke and would only shift upwards, eventually locking up in 6th gear.  After many trying to help on a post on ADVRider, I decided there would be no easy fix.  The transmission would have to be opened up to find the issue and likely, extensive work.  If the local BMW shop had been open on Monday morning, I would have allowed them to take a look, but they were closed on Monday.  I decided to rent a Uhaul, bag the trip and haul the bike home.  So here we are on the Wyoming border, having driven half way home, with Colorado Springs in my sights for a Tuesday arrival.

Bummed.... Yep, I am very disappointed that I was not able to experience Alaska, but these things happen sometimes and we just have to go with the flow.

Oh well.....Alaska 2017.

6 comments:

  1. NO! Weekday a bummer. I was looking forward to reading about your trip. Mam if I'm this bummed out I can't imagine what you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I replied on my phone, that should state WHAT a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO! Weekday a bummer. I was looking forward to reading about your trip. Mam if I'm this bummed out I can't imagine what you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about the scrubbed trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about the scrubbed trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh No! Fix her up, start planning for '17! - Vince C.

    ReplyDelete